Unity Garage Door, recognized as one of the best garage door installers in South Florida, specializes in garage door and installation services, focusing particularly on hurricane-rated garage doors. Serving cities like Plantation, Coral Spring, Coconut Creek, Parkland, Margate, and Sunrise, we offer comprehensive guidance through the permit process for installing a hurricane garage door in these areas.
Detailed Permit Process
1. Broward County Uniform Building Permit Application
The first step involves the Broward County Uniform Building Permit Application. This form must be signed and notarized by the property owner. Unity Garage Door will also sign and notarize the application, providing in-home notarization for efficiency and convenience.
2. Notice of Commencement for Jobs Over $2,500
For jobs exceeding $2,500, a Notice of Commencement must be recorded in Broward County. In our experience, cities like Coconut Creek, Parkland, and Coral Springs require this notice to display the county's official seal. We collaborate with a licensed recording company, erecordingfl.com, to handle this requirement, charging only the company's fee of $75.
3. NOA Approval Documents
Obtaining NOA (Notice of Acceptance) approval documents is crucial. NOAs, issued by Miami-Dade County, certify that products are suitable for high-velocity hurricane zones. Clients can conduct a Product Control Search for the right NOA via the Miami-Dade County website. Unity Garage Door assists in selecting the appropriate, approved hurricane-rated garage doors that meet South Florida's building codes.
4. Compliance with Policy 20-01 Broward County Retrofit Window and Door Schedule
Adherence to Policy 20-01 Broward County Retrofit Window and Door Schedule is vital for permit approval. This policy outlines specific requirements for hurricane-rated garage doors. Cities like Coconut Creek, Parkland, Coral Springs, and Plantation demand a pressure rating of +37 -45 for 16X7 garage doors. Our doors exceed these standards, offering superior safety and compliance.
5. Site Location Sketch
We provide a detailed site location sketch, including the garage door location and accurate measurements, by editing the drawing from the Broward County appraiser's office.
This step is crucial for ensuring accuracy and compliance with local standards.
6. Invoice Submission
An accurate and comprehensive invoice from Unity Garage Door, detailing all services provided, is submitted with the permit package.
City-Specific Building Department Links and Additional Requirements
- Plantation Building Department: Link to Department
- Coral Springs Building Department: Link to Department
- Coconut Creek Building Department: Link to Department
- Parkland Building Department: Link to Department
- Margate Building Department: Link to Department
- Sunrise Building Department: Link to Department
Some cities may require additional documents. For instance, Coconut Creek and Coral Springs ask for their specific permit applications alongside Broward's application. Our regular interactions with these city departments ensure a seamless and efficient process.
Expertise in Licensing, Experience, and Insurance Benefits
- License Verification: Unity Garage Door is a fully licensed provider, with credentials verifiable on the DBPR website.
- Extensive Permit Experience: Our vast experience, especially with NOAs and Policy 20-01 Broward County Retrofit Window and Door Schedule, streamlines the permit process for our clients.
- Insurance Savings: Opting for a hurricane-rated garage door can lead to significant insurance savings, potentially covering the cost of the new door in 5-10 years.
Selecting Unity Garage Door for your hurricane garage door installation means choosing a partner committed to quality, compliance, and customer satisfaction. Our expertise in navigating the permit process and understanding city-specific requirements ensures a professional and efficient garage door installation experience, where safety, quality, and expertise are paramount.